Privacy & Cookies Policy
- We collect personal information for multiple purposes:
- to enable individuals to participate in our programs
- to send requested information and information related to expressed interests
- to contact individuals about supporting Ecology Action
- to process transactions, e.g., donations
- to consider applicants for jobs and volunteer positions
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we identify the specific purposes for which information is being collected.
- We collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling the purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes or as required by law.
- We protect personal information by appropriate security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We do not sell personal information.
- We do not provide personal information to third parties except as needed to meet program delivery or funding obligations. Those third parties are required to protect your data as we do.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- The following types of information are collected when appropriate:
- Addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses
- Taxpayer IDs for individuals receiving payment
- We assure that all individuals responsible for handling consumer inquiries about our privacy practices are informed of all applicable requirements in the California
- Requests for access to or removal of personal information may be submitted by calling (877) 907-9916
Last Updated: October 3, 2019
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service, and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Third-Party cookies: We may use third-party cookies to collect data based on your online behavior.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.