100 McAllister Way
World-class science + community climate action with a dash of music, food, games, crafts, and more.
Learn about the science happening to understand the impacts of climate change on the oceans and our local coastal climate. Connect with local community organizations working to prepare our community for life in a changing climate.
This is a science-meets-community-action festival open to the public. Imagine a farmer’s market vibe — lots of people buzzing about outdoors with music, food, games, arts & crafts, and booths. The booths will be filled with scientists, civic partners, community organizations, and businesses sharing what they’re doing to understand and/or act to achieve healthy marine, coastal ecosystems and human communities.
Parking & Transportation
Bike Santa Cruz County will provide a Bike Valet service, so we encourage you to ride your bikes! If you plan to drive, there are several medium-sized parking lots on the Coastal Science Campus with free parking. If those parking lots fill up, there is additional street parking along Delaware Ave. You will walk for a few minutes, but the walk takes you through a Natural Reserve, so we think you’ll enjoy the beautiful stroll as you approach the Climate Action Market.
For ADA access, parking attendants will point you to reserved parking or drop-off/pick-up locations.
Nonprofits and public agency booths:
- Bike Santa Cruz County
- California National Marine Sanctuary Foundation
- Citizens Climate Lobby
- Coastal Watershed Council
- County of Santa Cruz – Zero Waste
- Eat for the Earth
- Ecology Action
- Land Trust Santa Cruz County
- Master Recyclers – City of Santa Cruz
- Oceans Micro
- Resource Conservation District
- Santa Cruz Climate Action Network
- Santa Cruz County Public Health Tobacco Awareness
- Santa Cruz Mountains Trail Stewardship
- Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History
- Save Our Shores
- Save the Waves
- Sea Otter Savvy
- Sierra Club
- Ventana Wilderness Alliance
UC Santa Cruz science & research booths:
- The Costa Lab
- The Beltran Lab
- Long Marine Lab Stranding Network
- Paleogenomics Lab
- UCSC CALeDNA
- Conservation Science and Solutions Lab
- The Seto Lab
- Eréndira Quintana Morales
- Galina Hale
- Norris Center for Natural History
- Coastal Science and Policy
- Año Nuevo Reserve
- Younger Lagoon Reserve
- Student Groups
- Sea Slugs at UC Santa Cruz
- Student Housing Coalition
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE)
More coming soon!
More coming soon!
The Honorable Fred Keeley
Dr. Elizabeth Quinn