Free Urban Cycling Virtual Workshop
Tuesday, December 14th
Noon – 1pm via Zoom
Free helmets and lights for attendees*
Biking is on the rise locally and around the world and more people are discovering cycling for exercise, recreation, AND a great way to get from point A to B.
This virtual workshop is designed to cover the basics of urban cycling and bike safety to make sure you are confident and in the know.
The workshop is interactive and will cover:
- Pre-ride preparation
- Bike sizing and fit
- How to ride safely and confidently in many traffic scenarios
- Winter and wet weather riding
- Route planning
- Riding at night
- E-Bike benefits
- GO Santa Cruz benefits and support for cyclists
The workshop is presented by Ecology Action’s League of American Bicyclists-certified cycling instructors and will include time for participant’s questions.
Past participants have said this about our Urban Cycling Workshops:
- “This was very helpful in building my confidence in biking and created a safe space for me to ask questions!”
- “Super personable and encouraging. I really enjoyed the workshop.”
*Free Bell helmets and Blackburn bike lights (a $90 value) for all attendees employed by downtown Santa Cruz businesses.
For more information on the GO Santa Cruz program and available benefits, visit cityofsantacruz.com/gosantacruz
This workshop is offered to all downtown Santa Cruz employees as part of GO Santa Cruz, a transportation program that provides downtown employees with commute alternatives to single-occupant car trips.